Apr 29, 2012

A Pinch of Romanticism

As I was looking through my blog, I noticed how most of my posts, especially my poems were serious and dealt with serious issues, most of which were matters of "life and death." So for a change I decided to add to them a pinch of romanticism, to change the flavour, so here is a poem that I wrote exactly twenty years ago, that is in 1992.


Spring time summer time winter and fall
They come, but soon they end
I wish in true love I could fall
With her my whole life I would spend.


With her my whole life I would spend
And live happily ever after
Even if good meals she couldn’t mend
This, for sure, will never matter.


This for sure will never matter
As long as her heart is pure
It is much better than getting fatter
With her anything I would endure.


With her anything I would endure
Even if we had to die
As long as our hearts are so pure
Our souls to heaven would fly.

4 comments:

  1. and only with such attitude you would be able to live in an eternal summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very important to seek eternal summer time and this comes mostly from the inside of the person's mind and heart and how much sunshine and light there is inside. hopefully every person is able to find the way to eternal summer and live a bright and sunny life.

      Delete
  2. So lovely a poem!
    So simple, so meaningful!
    Although I'm a good cook,(hehehe), I totally agree with your words:eternal summer is there for all; we just have to stretch or hands and hearts a bit more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hanaa, you are right, no matter how violent the storms around us might be, we can always live a never ending summer if all the internal conditions are available. despite the significance of the nutrition of the body, the nutrition of the soul and of the mind is way more essential. but, it is always good to enjoy a delicious meal..

    ReplyDelete